Originally designed for use in a law office, the Document Management system plugin is a complete digital filing cabinet. Files of any format can be uploaded, organized, and shared while access is controlled with a complete permissions system.
- Simple and Intuitive User Interface.
- Storage for an unlimited number of documents that can be uploaded, managed, secured, and shared with DMS Pro. (The free version is limited to 500 documents.)
- Documents can be organized by projects.
- File upload progress bar with DMS Pro.
- Localization support is included.
- Login required to access, manage, and download documents.
- Documents can be accessed without login with the DMS Pro upgrade.
- Thumbnail support for document images with the DMS Pro upgrade.
- Documents can be categorized and searched for via name, owner, or a keyword/properties search system.
- Up to ten properties fields can be set for the documents. These properties fields can be used to search for documents.
- Folders can be managed through a complete permissions system and the sub-folder nesting is unlimited.
- Documents can be secured with a complete permissions system.
- The permissions system includes user, group, and everyone permissions.
- Permissions can be inherited, if so desired.
- There is no limit to the nesting of sub-folders.
- The document repository can be moved to increase security.
The “Pro” release adds the following features:
- Support for an unlimited number of documents.
- User, document, and folder auditing.
- Version control of documents. Old versions will be stored and can be accessed if need be.
- Documents can be checked-out and checked-in by users so as to lock them when they are being edited.
- Public access to documents can be granted.
- Document summaries displayed on the Properties Search page.
- The title can be set by the administrator.
- Users, or groups of users, can be notified by e-mail if a document changes in a folder.
- Mass importation of documents by copying an entire tree of folders and/or documents up to the web server.
- Documents can be accessed and/or imported from the Media Library.
- Document comments can be displayed on the main screen to provide more information about the document.
Planned additions to the “Pro” version:
- Document lifecycles.
- Document Template System.
- Subscriptions system for documents. Users can be notified, by e-mail, of document changes.