Broken links after update

Software Forums Support Broken links after update

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  reifsnyderb 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

laptopleon
    Participant

Hi, I just updated our test-site to the latest version of DMS (and WP 4.8) and we have a similar problem that looks a bit like the ‘Error linking to file’ topic.

The DMS structure works fine but after clicking on a document a user gets an error text (users only, admin user just gets a broken omg) :

De afbeelding ‘http://[domainname]/wp-content/plugins/dms/pages/file_retrieve.php?function=view&obj_id=5’ kan niet worden weergegeven, omdat deze fouten bevat.

or in English this means as much as:
    The image ‘[url]?function=vieuw&obj_id=5’ can not be displayed, because it contains errors.

This happens with every file in the DMS that was already there before updating (we only used .jpg and .pdf so far).

Interestingly, newly uploaded jpg’s work fine.

Since this is a test-site I can give you access to the complete site for examining / testing if this is convenient for you.

reifsnyderb
    Keymaster

Hello,

Please check your repository to see if the files are still there. (The repository path can be found either on the Configuration screen or on the Diagnostics screen.) It is possible that the repository got wiped out as it appears to happen from time to time. (This problem does not occur for every update and is intermittent.)

If the repository was cleared, I recommend you restore the repository files and move the repository to another location. The instructions are here: http://www.blitzenware.com/wiki/moving-document-repository/

Prior to upgrading your production environment, move the repository first.

Best Regards,

Brian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.