In Box

Software Forums Support In Box

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  smccann 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

smccann
    Participant

Hi
    I have noticed that for the inbox to work the user needs to be the owner of that directory.
    As owners of the directory they can, from the options tab of the inbox, view all groups and users.

I appreciate if you give a user edit rights to a document and enable routing on the document the user can see all the users and groups so they can route the document. Is this necessary on the inbox?
    I would like to route documents to clients, but I don’t want them to be able to see lists of my other clients/users.

smccann
    Participant

Just ticking Notify me of follow-up replies via email!

reifsnyderb
    Keymaster

Hello,

Presently, there isn’t a way to prevent a user from seeing other clients/users if they have ownership permissions. I see your point, however, as it could be a security and/or privacy issue.

How would you propose that an owner be limited to what clients/users they can view if they own a folder?

I’ll think about possible solutions, as well.

Best Regards,

Brian

smccann
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks you for the quick response.
    I agree, if a person owns a folder, they must be able to assign users and or groups to the folder, and as such must have access the permissions lists.

I can assign users or Groups read only or edit permissions to other folders, but if I give a user either read only or edit permissions to an inbox folder, I cannot route documents to the folder. The only way I can route documents to, say, Bob’s inbox is for Bob to be the owner of that directory. Is there any way you can allow Bob to have an inbox directory with, say, read only permissions, that will allow a user with appropriate permissions to a document with routing enabled, to route the document to Bob’s inbox? The way we intend to use the inbox folder, clients will have read only permissions for documents sent to them. As such, they will not be able to route the documents to another inbox. Consequently, they will not have access to user or client lists at the document level.

smccann
    Participant

Hi
    Just wondering if you have had an opportunity to think about this?

reifsnyderb
    Keymaster

Hello,

I have been working on some other issues. But, I haven’t forgotten about this.

It’s almost as though a permissions system is needed for the permissions system…

Best Regards,

Brian

smccann
    Participant

Thanks for the update. It is appreciated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.