Questions

Software Forums Support Questions

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  reifsnyderb 1 day, 15 hours ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

smccann
    Participant

Hi
    I am on the verge of asking my web developer to purchase and install DMS Pro on to my WP Site
    I want to achieve 3 things with it:
    1) Have Directory and sub Directories that act as a document Library, which clients who authenticate through my WP site can access, and down load and edit rtf pro forma documents and download pdf files. I don’t want them to have the ability to upload to this directory.
    2) I want a simple file share and sync function where I can send a link to a file I have produced to a client.
    -Nice but not essential is the ability to send the link without the need to authenticate before downloading.
    -Nice but not essential is for the client to be able to edit and upload the file and if it had versioning that would be icing on the cake.
    3) Have a Directory open to all with “Free Stuff” i.e. PDF’s to download.
    If I purchase DMS Pro which, of the above will I be able to do?

reifsnyderb
    Keymaster

Hello,

Having a directories and sub directories as a document library is easily possible by setting the permissions for the users or group of users for which you would like to have access to the files and/or folders.

It is possible to send a link to a file directly to a client. I do need to make it a little more “user-friendly”, however. I will provide instructions on how to do so and eventually have the system provide the link.

Authentication is not required if “Everyone” is set to include non-authenticated users and “Everyone” has at least read-only access to the file.

With “Edit” permissions, users can edit and upload documents. DMS Pro includes document versioning.

Having a directory open with “Free Stuff” is easy by setting the system such that “Everyone” includes non-authenticated users and ensuring that the “free” documents (and their folders) have at least read-only permissions for “Everyone”.

Best Regards,

Brian

smccann
    Participant

Hi
    Thanks for the reply. I guess we’re in different time zones, hence my delay.
    That’s great.

One last question:
    I am assuming that if client A has read only access to Folder X and all of its sub folders and documents. if client A downloads file Y.rtf they can then amend the document to include user specific information and then save it as ,say, File Y.DOCX on their machine or server.
    Do I understand that correctly? Or is there a permission that allows them to edit but not upload?
    This isn’t a show stopper, it’s so I know what it does before I commence the project.

I am looking forward to the more user friendly system generated links.

Once again thanks.

reifsnyderb
    Keymaster

Hello,

A user can obtain a file, from the document management system, modify it and save it elsewhere. If they can read it, they can download it.

Best Regards,

Brian

quiescence70
    Participant

Quick pre-sales question:

We’re trying to create a document management solution for a client, and DMS Pro looks like a great folder and file management solution.

The problem we’d like to be able to solve is the ability to create new files with something like Gravity Forms (as the client has unique files related to their industry) and export them directly into a folder in DMS Pro.

We could have the client export Gravity forms as JSON files and upload them to a folder in DMS Pro, but we’d prefer they have the ability to export them to a folder directly, especially as both plugins would be within their WordPress site.

Is that possible?

reifsnyderb
    Keymaster

Hello,

I took a brief look into Gravity Forms. It appears that Gravity Forms is more of a database front-end. The files would have to be exported, as you suggest, and imported into the DMS plugin.

Best Regards,

Brian

dstuncer
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m using the free version of DMS. Unfortunately, after the last update (1.11), I could not get to the documents I previously uploaded. I need your help urgently, please…

dstuncer
    Participant

When the permissions for old documents and folders are changed, there is no change. But it can be accessed when a new document is added.

dstuncer
    Participant

When searching for documents that can not be accessed after updating, I saw that the repository directory in which the documents are located is completely empty. Now I have to re-add about 200 documents. Since the records of old documents still exist, I also need to delete them as well. This is a very bad mistake for this plugin I think of buying.

dstuncer
    Participant

How to add and delete documents in bulk.

dstuncer
    Participant

Sorry, I carelessly wrote my message into this topic, I apologize….. 🙁

reifsnyderb
    Keymaster

Answering message in other topic…

Pavankumar.vedam
    Participant

Hi,

We are using the free plugin and we would want to purchase the pro version soon.

We intend to use this solution as a CMS and we have node.js running which creates the documents to be uploaded.

Is there any documentation for any API that can be used to integrate DMS with API calls?

reifsnyderb
    Keymaster

Hello,

I don’t have any documentation for integration via API calls, sorry. The best place to look would be at /plugins/dms/pages/file_import.php lines 25 – 175 in the free version. DMS Pro has very similar code in it’s version of file_import.php.

Best Regards,

Brian

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.