Users can delete Files from Directory with read only permissions

Software Forums Support Users can delete Files from Directory with read only permissions

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  reifsnyderb 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

smccann
    Participant

Hi
    I subscribe to DMS Pro.I have noticed this evening that a user with read only permissions can, if they click on “options” to the right of a document, gain access to the copy, move, delete option for that document. Whilst Copy and Move take the user out of the Library the documents don’t go anywhere. However, a user with read only permissions can delete documents from the library. When I logged back in as the administrator, the document was gone permanently from the directory.

Is there something I am missing? I am concerned that users with read only permissions are able to delete documents.

reifsnyderb
    Keymaster

Hello,

Is that user a member of any groups? Are everyone permissions set on a document the user can delete? Was the user also the owner of the document?

The permissions system “adds” the permissions levels together. So, if a user has read-only permission set and is part of a group that has edit permissions, the user can edit the document.

Best Regards,

Brian

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.